Thursday, September 21, 2023

Those Who Comfort

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 264- Today, I am grateful for those who comfort. 

Who are the comforters in your world? You know who they are. When we hurt, it is just good to have them near. 

My friend, Holli, gifted me with a quilt that wraps me in her friendship every time I snuggle into its warmth. 

When we were little, Mama was gifted with a double wedding ring quilt that has always been my favorite. It came from a man we called "Uncle Bob" who lived in Missouri. My Great-Grandparents, Alva and Hulda, lived with him and helped care for him. He loved it when the family would converge on Lutesville for a visit. Grandpa and Grandma gave him comfort, and a house full of Bess's brought him joy. 

I have friends who are easy to be with, even in the difficult seasons of life. I have family and friends who envelope me when my strength is spent. I like to think I do the same for them. God gave us each other, because we need each other. 

"God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted."  -Matthew 5:4 

Such a great verse. Acts of comfort are imprinted on our hearts. 

Today, I am grateful for those who comfort. 


No comments:

Post a Comment