Friday, September 1, 2023

Those Who Tend The Crop

 


Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 244- Today, I am grateful for those who tend to the crop. 

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you harvest later." -Og Mandino 

I love this quote by one of my favorite authors. Og Mandino is a classic. His stories always touch more than my heart... they reach my soul.

If you have not read any of Og's books, I recommend "The Greatest Salesman in the World" and "The Greatest Miracle in the World." They can be life changing. I think that "Mission Success" might be my third favorite, but it is like trying to choose a favorite child. I won't. I can't. They are all uniquely special in their own way. 

When I first encountered Og's "12 Scrolls to Success" that are found in "The Greatest Miracle in the World," it was at the perfect time in my life. Married but no children. Finding my way as a young professional and wanting to make a difference in whatever work God led me to do. 

God's ideas and mine differed at times. His way... it turns out... is perfect. Mine way is limited by being human. I need to try to bloom where he plants me... to try my best... to plant now... and be ready to harvest later. 

"Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Whoever has ears, let them hear.”-Matthew 13:3-9

We are to tend the crop, care for the struggling, water the dry in spirit, give thanks for the bounty, and don't forget to dance in the rain. 

Today, I am grateful for those who tend to the crop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment