Saturday, September 16, 2023

Doing Good Works With Humility

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 259- Today, I am grateful for those doing good works with humility. 

This passage was my verse of the day. As my beloved Pumpkin Festival comes to a close, I am struck by the plethora of good, busy, kind, and service-oriented people volunteering all over town. 

Is it because they love pumpkins and the festival? We do love our pumpkins, but more than that... they are people who love our community and the people in it. 

I love the Pumpkin Festival. Most of the time, it brings out the best in us. 

Acts of service offered in humility are often a reflection of a deeper love, not just for a particular place or people, but a love deeply  rooted in Christ.  

If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. -James 3:13

Why do you serve? Perhaps the more important question is, "Who do you serve?" 

Thank you for enduring my over the top enthusiasm for the festival, the people, the Apple Cider Slushies, and all things pumpkin. 

Today, I am grateful for those doing good works with humility. 


No comments:

Post a Comment