Monday, September 4, 2023

The Great Commission

 Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 247- Today, I am grateful for the Great Commission. 

To be commissioned gives us purpose. 

We taught this passage through a song on Wednesday nights for many years. Even now, the song is running through my head:

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." -Matthew 28:18-20

We live in an age when many seem to lack purpose and direction. Confusion is served up daily from many different places and spaces. It is easy to become discouraged and overwhelmed. When in doubt, remember your purpose... your commission. 

My twin cousins, David and  James, who serve in the US Navy know all about commissions. With a commission comes the powers and rights to perform certain duties... and with it comes responsibilities, too.

We were given "The Great Commission" not as a burden, but to give us purpose. One that adds meaning, purpose, direction, and joy to our days, one day at a time. 

Today, I am grateful for the Great Commission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment