Friday, July 12, 2024

Flower Picking in the Storms

 

Gratitude Year 12- Day 194: Today, I am grateful we can go flower picking in the storms. 

"Even in the midst of storms, I'll still find flowers to pick." 

I know lightning can be dangerous. Use common sense. Still, this image made me smile. Choice is a powerful thing. 

Most run for shelter when the storm begins. If you are already wet, why not slow down and pick a few flowers? 

Last night, we were at a concert in the park sitting with friends who are more like extended family. The entire evening there was a gentle rain off and on. More of a sprinkle than a full on rainstorm. We stayed, and enjoyed the music and the conversation. 

In the storms of life, we still have choices. In the storms of life, there will still be flowers. 

"Yes, there will be an abundance of flowers  and singing and joy!" - Isaiah 35:2a

Today, I am grateful we can go flower picking in the storms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment