Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Citrus

Gratitude Year 12- Day 191: Today, I am grateful for citrus.

Mama Ina Mae always said the body will crave what it needs. Listen to it. Well, mine has been in a citrus phase the past few years. And, this is one more time I think Mama was right. I miss her. 

This image captured my eye. I adore tropical, citrus colors. They are my best color palette, and they make me happy. The scents are amazing, too. Bath and Body Work used to have a soap that was part citrus and part evergreen. I keep trying to find one that is close. The scent of citrus makes me feel alive. 

Vitamin C is almost always a good idea and it is found in citrus fruits. 

If you ever get to Peoria on a Saturday, visit Than Lin's for some Saturday Soup. It is a Vietnamese pho soup that is incredible. It is full of flavor and you can add your own favorite things when they bring out a dish full of goodies to add to the bowl. (I love the bean sprouts. Walker loves the cilantro.) The magical finish is the lime. You squeeze the lime into the soup and throw it into the bowl until you finish. It is the final citrus touch that makes it a perfect bowl of soup. 

Citrus fruits appeal to multiple senses. Pleasing to the eye, delicious to eat, and they smell glorious. The creative mind of God always amazes me. We only need to glance at common fruit to glimpse the extraordinarily creative mind of God. 

"The land produced vegetation—all sorts of seed-bearing plants, and trees with seed-bearing fruit. Their seeds produced plants and trees of the same kind. And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:12

It is very good. 

Today, I am grateful for citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment