Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Umbrellas


 

Gratitude Year 12- Day 184: Today, I am grateful for the umbrellas. 

The Love of My Life and I used to take walks in the spring rains in college with a big golf umbrella at Olivet. The scent of rain, petrichor, was mysterious and magical. My scent memories are sharp when I think of those days. I remember what it feels like to be arm and arm, walking, talking, and dreaming. The umbrella kept us dry.  

"An umbrella cannot stop the rain, but it allows us to stand in the rain. Faith in God may not remove our trials, but it gives us strength to overcome them."  

The humble umbrella helps us stand in the rain. Childlike faith is pleasing to God and acts as our umbrella in life's storms. I love to study His Word. I am fascinated by the Hebrew and Greek studies that any of us can access these days. 

"The Lord protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me." Psalm 116:6

His promises are true. 

Today, I am grateful for the umbrellas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment