Tuesday, July 30, 2024

 

Gratitude Year 12- Day 212: I am grateful we can know the God of The Word.

"We study the word of God, not to know The Word of God, but to know the God of The Word." - Matt Chandler

Bingo! I have never seen this quote. It sums up the transformation from religion to relationship. We are instructed to learn "The Word of God" in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible is amazing reading material. Full of adventure, trials, encouragement, anti-anxiety meditations, and so much more. It evokes awe and wonder. 

Studying the Word of God will make you healthier. His instructions... many of "the laws" about food kept the people healthy. The "do nots" were not given randomly. Many had benefits, both physically and psychologically. The "Big Ten" helps humans maintain healthy relationships in their families and in community. 

Read a few verses in Proverbs every day and let it take root. You will lean more about the mind of God. They are not simply great sayings to live by. They allow us to know the God of The Word better. Our appetite and cravings change. 

When God and Moses went toe to toe, Moses said, "Who shall I tell them sent me?" 

"God replied to Moses, “I am who I am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” - Exodus 3:14

"I AM" is in present tense. He is always present! He is woven into history and holds the future, too, but the "I AM" is where we meet him. Give us "this day" our daily bread. He is our daily bread. He is our living water. He is life. 

May we hunger and thirst for the God of The Word. 

I am grateful we can know the God of The Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment