Thursday, July 25, 2024

Hurried Obedience

Gratitude Year 12- Day 207: Today, I am grateful for hurried obedience.

"I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands." -Psalm 119:60

My friend, Joe, is big on situational awareness. Growing up rural, we watched nature for signs. "Red sky at night, sailor's delight; red sky in the morning, sailor take warning." If the animals suddenly scatter or go still and quiet, take note. Something is usually up. 

As an adult, I am more in tune with what is going on around me. Common sense says that we should stay alert to our surroundings. In malls, parking lots, and festivals, it is wise to keep an eye open for anything that might be dangerous or concerning. 

As parents, when our children are about to enter into some kind of danger, we bark orders quickly. We expect hurried obedience. Sometimes, we get it. Sometimes, they end up in trouble from lack of hearing or lack of listening. 

Bad things can happen quickly. We do our best to avoid trouble.  In the same way, or Lord  directs our way. When  a message comes from Him, do we hurry to obey? Do we ignore the message? Do we do what we want to do, regardless of clear direction?

Hurried obedience declares, "I am yours and you are mine. I come when you call." Hurried obedience is indicative of a strong, trusting relationship. 

Today, I am grateful for hurried obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment