Monday, July 8, 2024

Emma

 

Gratitude Year 12- Day 190: Today, I am grateful for this girl that would change our world. 

Her sweet mother, Donna, and I shopped for maternity clothes together Jill's assistance and opinions offered. Donna's due date was one month ahead of mine. 

I remember the news of Emma Ruth's birth. I do not remember if we knew she was going to be a girl. I do not think we did. I remember buying one red, white, and blue outfit and one in pink and heading up to meet her when she was less than 24 hours old. 

Emma was the sweetest bit of sunshine and perfect in every way. I was in awe of Donna. She weathered childbirth like a pro. She gave me courage for what was to come in a few weeks. We were becoming parents, ready or not. Do you ever feel ready? 

Motherhood can be overwhelming when you are new and have no idea what you are doing. I am so grateful I was blessed by a group of women who walked with me on the journey. Who knew that Chase and Emma would marry someday? Yes, it was a secret prayer on my heart, and she was at the top of my "short list" of approved girls, but when the dream comes true, all I can do is say, "Thank you, Lord, for this precious young woman who adored my first born son with her all of her heart. "

They shared their first Morton Pumpkin Festival when they were 2 months and one month old. We sat under a tree across for Jefferson School by Dr. Patton's office. They shared their first Christmas program, their first day of Junior High, their High School graduation, and their wedding day. They have experienced life's good days and the hardest days side-by-side... holding hands. 

I am so grateful to have this girl as a part of our family. She turned us from a family of four into five. She was worth the wait. She continues to bring joy, laughter, smiles, and wonder into our world. 

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." -Ephesians 3:20

She is so much more than the dream. We love you forever and ever, Emma. Happy Birthday!

Today, I am grateful for this girl that would change our world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment