Monday, July 29, 2024

The Race Before Us

Gratitude Year 12- Day 211: 
I am grateful for the reminder to run the race before us.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." -Hebrews 12:1 NLT 

There are times I get distracted. Did someone say, "Squirrel?" I am not much different than our dog, Daisy Mae, when I hyperfocus on something that isn't "my race." Shiny things grab my attention. I get distracted from my orderly list of things I really want or need to complete. 

The Olympics always make me think of that passage about stripping off every weight that pulls us down and pushing on through, giving it our all. We have a young lady from Metamora... a hop, skip, and a jump over from Morton... who is competing. It is so exciting to have a local girl participating in the games. This is her time, her chance, and her season. She will give it her best, throwing off all that might hold her back. She will set her eyes on the goal and give it all that she has to give. She knows her race. 

As we set out on the adventure of a new week, let us pause to focus on the assigned race before us. Be patient if you are waiting on guidance and instruction. It will come in His time. He will not be hurried. 

Trust. Obey. Train. Rest. Be ready. 

Today, I am grateful for the reminder to run the race before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment