Sunday, July 14, 2024

Be On God's Side

 Gratitude Year 12- Day 196: Today, I am grateful we can choose to be on God's side.

Abraham Lincoln fascinates me. He had Godly wisdom presented brilliantly. He included humor when he could. Humor is a great diffuser. Anger often dissipates when humor breaks out. 

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side for God is always right." -Abraham Lincoln

I do not think I have seen this quote before. It is perfectly spoken. 

Each of us has our own set of unique perspectives that grew out of our upbringings or other experiences. They shape many of our thoughts and opinions. Sometimes, I need to be reminded that our God has given us His Word so we can know His mind and His heart. When in doubt, check it out! 

Today we sang, "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." The clarity, power, and sound judgement found between the pages of His Word can bring us to our knees and encourage our hearts at the same time. 

"Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world."  -James 4:8

"But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” -Joshua 24:15

Today, I am grateful we can choose to be on God's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment