Sunday, June 3, 2012

Eye of the Beholder

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that the eyes are the window to the soul.  I think both are true statements.  What the eye sees as beautiful is always through the lens of ones own experiences.  I remember watching Avatar and thinking how odd the creatures looked at first but they became so beautiful as the story unfolded.  Dad always said every crow thinks his chicks are the prettiest...and crows do not have beautiful babies when they hatch.

This LOAD challenge was a a 6X12 page.  That is a new size for me -but I do love how it came out.  My niece has "Lindgren eyes" and she is a beauty.  She was just a child when I took this photo one Halloween.  Now, she is 16 and driving.  Time flies.  A girlfriend thought this was a self portrait and it was my eye. That is a compliment I will savor.

Have a fantastic start to June.
Valerie

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love it! I know what you mean about Avatar & the creatures. That is one of my favorite movies, and I really didn't think going into it that I was going to like it. Great job on the layout. 6X12 can be so freeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, as I mentioned during LOAD, this layout is incredibly striking! Love how you cropped your photo and journaled specifically about her eye. I just tweeted about this post in hopes that others will see it. Time to closely crop some photos I have of my daughter. Thx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete