Sunday, September 9, 2012

Faith Journey...

I am not sure how this will show up...the page is build on WHITE...as I try to go for a clean and simple approach . It is Day 6 of the BPC Big Idea Festival and Cathy Z...a favorite of mine for many years...was the inspiration.  She loves fonts...words...simple and clean...and I love her style - even when I don't really emulate it in most of my layouts.  Today- I tried to "get real" and pay tribute to Cathy Z with some "White Space"...that actually happens to be white this time.  I hope it looks okay on the web.

I love it when the assignment of "Getting Real" intersects the rest of my day to make it easy to complete.  I started this layout before church and came home with Henry Blackaby's book- "Experiencing God".  I read the assignment for next weeks group and came down to finish my page.  All I can say is WOW- do they fit together for me like a puzzle piece. 

For me...God has always been more experience than intellect ( I guess I relate more to Pooh who is relationship oriented than to Owl who thinks about everything) ...because I have always been able to feel His presence more than I can explain His ways. I believe in the Trinity. I believe in the resurrection.  I can read, study and quote from the pages of His word - but it is in the moments that I step back and watch Him move in my little world...or look back and see that he did move to provide and protect...well, that is the stuff that gives me goosebumps.  Those are the moments that I find such peace in the valleys and joy on the mountain tops of life.  That is as "real" as it gets. 

This layout - about my last day at St. Jude and turning in the badge was a very real moment of trusting God for the care and provision of our family.  It was about trusting him to give me joy in serving in a different place where I may or may not be viewed as a professional.  It is finding peace in knowing I am where He has led me and resting in the peace that can only come from seeking to be in the center of His will. Real is ...as one commercial says..."my life- unscripted"! Unscripted maybe...but now without a plan...as Jeremiah 29:11 states. "I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." - the Message

Savor the real...the good and the hard...for these are the things that He uses to define us and refine us.  

Shalom (Peace and God's blessing on your day)

1 comment:

  1. Very beautifully done! A milestone recorded! Wonderful job! Love your new header. It made me smile! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete