Monday, September 3, 2012

Sisters-in-law...the chosen ones!

This is a really simple layout. I didn't want to take from the photo. I am so very blessed in the Sister-in-law department.  This layout focuses on my oldest brother-in-law's wife.  We married our guys about the same time and liked each other from the beginning.  We laugh at the things Monte and Randy do that are similar.  Monte is 14 years older and I swear I see my husband's future when I look at Monte. 

Jan and I just can almost read each other's thoughts within a few hours of being together.  We both love music, children's ministry, scrapbooking, card making and our men. There is never enough time to share, chat and play. On the rare occasion we have additional "Smith Sisters" with us - the fun is just multiplied.  The last time Lola, Jan and I were in the same place, we laughed until it hurt. (Does that count as exercise?)

On my side - my brother chose equally well.  How blessed I am.  I would love to have my "Sisters" all in one place some day...including the ones that have earned sister status after nearly a lifetime of friendship. Each one of them has added joy to my days.  Such a reunion may just have to wait until heaven...as we live so far apart. 

This page is from a couple of "The Daily Digi" packs.  I am getting faster and understanding layers better the more I use them. I am finding that going back and forth between digital and traditional scrapbooking is good for me. Both tell our stories..and that is what will be of interest to future generations. 

Hope you had a restful Labor Day. 
  



1 comment:

  1. Awesome layout! You are blessed. I miss my sisters-in-law. They both live in Idaho. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete