Friday, January 13, 2017

Frozen Wonderland

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 13: Today, I am grateful for the beauty in the "breath of God". 

This photo was taken in my backyard yesterday. Ice can be so beautiful. 

Although I am not a fan of icy roads and the many dangers out there when the weather turns ugly, I never cease to be stopped by the beauty of an ice covered world. When sleet and rain turn to ice, it becomes an artistic, frozen wonderland. 

I found this verse:


"By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast." -Job 37:10

Nature seems to revel in the blanket of ice and frozen fractals, while I shiver with the cold. Creation relaxes... and I get more tense. I have a feeling there is a lesson to be learned. 

Every season has wonder. In most trials, there is a beauty hidden. We can choose to pause, reflect and discover that the immediate emotional response to any crisis is not the final feeling, unless we choose that stopping point. There is more. 

Icy conditions... my initial reaction is to cringe and fret. Once a sense of safety is restored, there is nothing to do but sit back and take in the phenomenal spectacle. 

By the breath of God... man takes his first breath.
By the breath of God... the stars line up and stay in order.
By the breath of God... the Red Sea parts.
By the breath of God... the waves continue to kiss the shores.
By the breath of God... nature sings.
By the breath of God... ice is given.

Nature is inspiring. It calls us to discover not just its marvels and miracles. Heaven and nature sings of the glory of the Lord. It can't help it. 

Ice makes me slow down; there is power in the pause. 

Today, I am grateful for the beauty in the "breath of God"... and the lesson to be learned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment