Friday, January 20, 2017

The Little Mermaid

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 20: Today, I am grateful "The Little Mermaid" happens tonight. 

My excitement runs over!

Our Jr. High musicals have been simply blown me away over the past 3 years and tonight... The Little Mermaid opens tonight at the Bertha Frank in Morton. 7pm Friday and Saturday and 2pm Sunday for the final show. Tickets are $3 and $2 (for the K-8 crowd). Seriously fun and live theater for less than half the price of one movie ticket. 

Prince Eric is especially dear, as I remember his birth like it was yesterday. He is the son of my dear friend, Wendy,  and I can't wait to see him tonight in his role tonight. It seems like yesterday he was singing with our preschoolers at Church. 

Honestly - I can't wait to see all of the students. They are talented and have been well coached and well directed in preparation. 

This musical a favorite of mine.  Ursula is my favorite villian. What? You don't have a favorite villian? That part will be played by the niece of my friend Kathie and she is the cousin to Walker's lifelong friend, Josh. When I told Tara of my silly, soft spot and affection for Ursula, even though I know she does bad things... Tara put it so well, "Ursula doesn't mean to be bad. She just wants what she wants."

Perfectly put Tara! I know you will rock the Ursula role. I am still pondering her assessment of Ursula. 

How many times am I just like her? How many times do "I want what I want" without first offering my days, my time and my life as an offering. Back to Romans 12:1-2-

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world,but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

This verse keeps running through my mind, so I must need to pray on it a little more. As a child, this verse perplexed me. As an adult, it is a constant challenge. 

To offer all that we are ... or talents and our shortcomings... the whole package... to our Lord without reservation. 

TO BE an offering.
TO BE up to whatever he places in our path. 
TO BE able to discern what is his will, what is good and acceptable.  

We don't need to be perfect. He already is.  He is the great I AM. We just need 

TO BE available, listening and ready. 

Today, I am grateful "The Little Mermaid" happens tonight. 






No comments:

Post a Comment