Sunday, July 30, 2023

The Lighthouse


Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 212- Today, I am grateful for the lighthouse. 

This is a watercolor image I made from a photo I took on Mackinac Island several years ago. It isn't the fanciest of the lighthouses out there, but it stands sentinel against the storms that come and go. 

I do not know if this one is currently used. I know that it has a history. If only they could talk. Imagine the stories they would tell. 

 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14,16 

There is an old gospel song that says, "If it wasn't for the lighthouse, where would this ship be?" Such a poignant question. 

I love that analogy. The song is referencing Jesus... but we are instructed to share His light with the world. 

Are we living as light... like the lighthouse? Do we shine bright, or has our light gone dim in the storms of life. In the storms is when the light is needed the most. 

Today, I am grateful for the lighthouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment