Thursday, July 6, 2023

Words On A Page

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 187- Today, I am grateful for words on a page. 

In this high tech world, I still love a book and words on a page. A handwritten note is the sweetest of gifts. Words captured on a page feel safe and permanent. 

I've been reading a fictional book series about the world in crisis when suddenly and with no warning, all electronics go down. Cars won't start. Phones do not work. The book is a harsh reminder that life as we know it can be fragile.    

What real books do we have in our homes, on our shelves, and in our hands? If the internet was down, how would we find answers? Yes, words on a page can be passed down from generation to generation. 

             

"Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear." - Matthew 24:35

It is a promise. His words will never disappear. 

Today, I am grateful for words on a page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment