Thursday, May 5, 2016

I Am Too Short


Gratitude Year 4 - Day 125: Today, I am grateful for a "laugh out loud" image to start my day. 

How I have longed to be naturally thin. I'm not.  I am simply too short for my weight.

It I were taller...I could reach the high, high shelf. I could actually use the upper cabinets that now contain the out of reach things I rarely use and need help to get. For 28 years, my best girlfriend Jill - who happened be at least 5' 10 1/2"...and every inch a beauty... solved all my short girl troubles.  

In fact, people occasionally commented when Jill and I were out shopping together. Short people noticed us. They would say how fortunate I was to have her height and long reach available.  I would tell them, "She is mine and you will have to find your own tall friend." I happily share and let them borrow her for a minute.  She was always happy to help. She loved to serve. We laughed about it often. I miss her. I miss sharing her with complete short strangers in the bra department at Kohls. 

Shopping has not been the same since Jesus took Jill's hand and welcomed her heavenly home. Most things have not been the same. Still, His love and grace abound. I smile as a favorite verse comes to mind, again. I think I used it not long ago, but today it strikes a different chord. (His word is like that...it is living and breathing and what we need for THIS DAY.) This one always makes me smile.   

"Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear." - Isaiah 59:11

If I am within His will...nothing is "out of reach". There is nothing he cannot do.  Another similar verse...

The LORD answered Moses, "Is the LORD's arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you." - Numbers 11:23

The Lord's arm is not too short. He is a tall, tall God! 

His promises to believers are full of His love, goodness and joy. It is a journey here...not a destination. His Holy Word and his Holy Spirit are available to comfort the broken, provide strength to the weary, guide the lost... and to raise hope into a new life. He continues to be with us, for us and not against us.

New life is ahead.  New bodies, too.  Mine is going to be a size 8...I am just sure of it! 

I am grateful for the One who lives forever in the high and holy place, yet He reaches down with love, mercy and compassion for His created ones. He calls us his children. Joint heirs with Jesus- the sons and daughters for the Most High God. What a "Wow"! The long arm of his love can reach anywhere.

"For this is what the high and exalted One says-- he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite." -Isaiah 57:15

Revive my heart, oh God! 

He is in the high and holy place, but also with those who humble their hearts to seek His face. Laughter can fill our souls.  We are never too short...too wide...or too lost for His love to reach us. 

Today, I am grateful for a "laugh out loud" image to start my day. I hope you laughed, too..and then ran to mark Numbers 11:23 in your Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment