Thursday, February 9, 2017

Focus Button

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 40: Today, I am grateful for the lesson from my camera... the focus button.

A shallow depth of field means that only a small, determined focal point is in focus when taking a picture. 
It is one of my favorite uses of a camera. Beautiful Bokeh (the blur behind the image) compliments what is really important. In this found image, it is the heart that is sharp and the snow is blurred. 



The depth of field setting allows me to determine what is in focus. 

This lesson from the world of photography can cross over to our daily walk through life. What will I focus on today?

Will I obsess over things I can't control?
Will I chose courage when compassion requires a risk?
Will I allow my plans and agenda to be interrupted without a bad attitude?
Can I let go of big picture planning to live in this precious moment?

It is love month... but am I choosing love when it is needed most? Do I miss what is important or do I reset the focus button to find the need, to see the beautiful  and savor what is right here in the right now. 

Who am I grateful for today? 
Who blesses my heart and feeds my soul?
What book or reading is helping me grow? 

In the heart of winter... with 39 more days until spring... there is beauty. What do I choose to see? I am ready for the new life of spring - but we are not there yet.

Today, we must choose our focus. Whom will we serve?

Joshua presented that choice to the Israelites before his death. The people had enjoyed some years of peace and abundance. That is when it is so easy to make poor choices. Self-reliance may feel good, but it comes with a risk to the soul.


Joshua knew he would not be with them forever. He wanted them to consider how they would live into the next generation. They had big choices ahead. The world was calling. 

And if it seem evil to you to serve the Lord
choose you this day whom ye will serve;
whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. -Joshua 24:15

We can help and encourage each other to keep focus. 

We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers, as is right, because your faith is growing abundantly, and the love of every one of you for one another is increasing. -2 Thessalonians 1:3

Today, I am grateful for the lesson from my camera's focus button. What will we choose on this day?


No comments:

Post a Comment