Friday, February 3, 2017

My Guy

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 34: Today, I am grateful for My Guy and that I get to choose to love him every single day.

If you see my Randy, today, wish him a happy birthday. We've been a couple 32 years. Not sure where that time went. I feel so blessed to call him my partner in this adventure called life. 

He is loving. Kind. Adventuresome at heart. Witty. Handsome with the most beautiful blue eyes. Smart. Quick with a solution. Good at math (like a human calculator). Articulate (I love a large vocabulary). Hardworking. He smells good. Strong but gentle. Quiet in his faith, but solid. His heart is big. His spirit is generous. He is present and engaged in our marriage, with our sons and with those around him. He's my favorite husband (my only one) and I would choose him again. He pushes my buttons... because he can... and then makes me laugh. Together, we find a balance on this roller-coaster called life.

As we get older, I think there is a tendency to long for seasons behind us. The kids grew up too fast. But, each season has a sweetness to be captured. I am grateful we have had each new season together. We both know too well, that no tomorrow is promised; this day is a gift. At the end of the day... my favorite part is when he comes home. The only thing better is if the boys find their way home, too.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
-Psalm 118:24 

Happy Birthday, Randy! You are treasured beyond measure. 

Today, I am grateful for My Guy and that I get to choose to love him every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment