Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Perfect Match

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 38: Today, I am grateful for a perfect match.

February is a the "Love Month". Valentine's commercials are everywhere. Reality check. No human relationship is perfect due to human imperfections. But, we can have good, healthy and hopeful relationships when we choose wisely our partner. 

"Falling in love"... like tripping over a pile of shoes... is dangerous. When you "fall" you need a rescue. When you choose love, you are engaging a partner, a helpmate, and a friend for the journey. To commit to someone forever, well... it seems a bit scary... but it is the greatest adventure ever. It is worth waiting for the right one. God's best is worth the wait. 

We all have had that friend who stretch us beyond what we know and the familiar. 


My college roommate...her patience with me was endless. She was an example of immaculate house keeping in our tiny dorm room. I loved it about her. I wanted to learn. It was not what I had known. I have not achieved it... but I carry a part of her with me in my aspirations. If my house is mostly clean... Laurie gets some credit.

Choosing love every day is sometimes hard work, but it is good work. Choosing love changes us first... and then it grows the relationship. 

Our culture lies. We are all unfinished when we "fall in love". Love is what does the work to create the treasure. 

The enemy lies. He says we are too broken and unfixable. "Submit yourselves, therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:8)  Draw your sword and fight that demon with all your might. No one is too broken. Any heart that can be softened can be saved. 

We were created for a relationship with God. He gave us human relationships so we would not be lonely and would have help on this ride called life. He designed marriage as something sacred... virgin blood shed and sealed in covenant. 


God gives us our first breath... and we exhale our last earthly one, offering it back to him, at the moment before he welcomes us home to be with him. He is the lover of our soul. 


 I found this image from HolleyGerth.com. 

"Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist." -1Corinthians 8:6

Jesus - lover of my soul.
We are the "Bride of Christ".
We am claimed by Him... single is not broken when we have a relationship with him.

A God breathed relationship... inhale and exhale. Does it get more intimate than that?  And, he is ultimately trustworthy. Always. I read yesterday, that "worship is a kiss". 

We are not perfect, but his blood covers our imperfections. It is a blood sealed deal, just like a bride and grooms wedding night. God longs for imperfect people to commit to him. He can control the universe, but it left him unsatisfied. He longed for a creation in his image to choose to love him, not just obedience because every head must bow and every knee must been if he commands it. No, he wanted to experience being loved back by choice. Crazy love, I tell you. Crazy love!

I am so far from perfect, but Christ covers our imperfections... if we ask. 

The Love of my Life chooses me and I choose him back. We are not perfect, but we work at being perfectly matched. 

Human love was to echo and teach us about the love of the Father for us all. God's love is perfect. 

Today, I am grateful for a perfect match.


No comments:

Post a Comment