Monday, December 18, 2017

Always Room in the Inn

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 352: Today, I am grateful for room in the inn. 

Isn't it beautiful to receive a warm welcome into another's home? Randy and I have recently stayed at a few Bed and Breakfast establishments. 

It gets us into some regal old homes and the morning breakfast is always amazing. The history of the homes and the those who have chosen to open the door and bring it back to life.  They are a unique bunch, but we have found each experience lovely. 

Room in the inn? When an inn has limited rooms, it can be too full for more guest. There are only so many rooms and beds. Guest comfort leads to returning guest and good word of mouth recommendations. Sometimes, the inn is full. 

I am struck today by business of the season. Busy. Still things to do before the weekend arrives. Today, I want to make sure that the most important guest doesn't get missed. Jesus.

"Each of us is an innkeeper who decides if there is room for Jesus." -Neal A. Maxwell

Yes, each one of us is an innkeeper. 

"...and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them." - Luke 2:7

This verse made me sad as a child... but today, I know it adds to the wonder of that special night. It, also, causes me to pause and evaluate the seasons priorities.  First things first. 

We choose or refuse him. He longs to come into our hearts and stay. 

Today, I am grateful for room in the inn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment