Lantana is not something we have purchased regularly for our summer pots. This year, the kids gave it as a gift on Mother's Day. What a showstopper it has been all summer long! The blooms are absolutely beautiful and they attract butterflies. (One note, the berries can be very poisonous so be careful with pets and small children tempted by berries.)
It is one of the plants that butterflies love, so it helps nature, too. It is pretty, eco-friendly, and full of bright color. As you think about next year's plantings, consider lantana. It seems to be very user friendly with not much maintenance.
The scriptures note the majesty of nature and the way it seems to sing the praises of our Creator. It cannot not help it. For a worm to be transformed into a butterfly is quite a wonder. Not every season in life is pretty. Some are hard. Others are waiting places. Still, His goodness is true. He makes all things beautiful in His time.
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” – Psalm 139:14
Today, I am grateful for lantana.
No comments:
Post a Comment