Sunday, June 11, 2023

Able to Tread on the Heights

 

Daily Gratitude-Year Eleven: Day 159- Today, I  am grateful to be able to tread on the heights. 

Let's be very clear about something. High places make me anxious. I feel nauseas and the fear of falling sets in when I get to close to the edge. I was not programmed to be a city girl. 

This passage touched my heart today. 

The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights." -Habakkuk 3:19 

Several Pink Warriors in my world are fighting some tough fights this week. This passage seems perfect for the week ahead. Another one of my forever girlfriends is trying to love her dear friend through an unthinkable loss. Sometimes, stepping into a new week means facing some uncharted landscapes and unexpected challenges. I will use this verse to pray for each one of them in their individual circumstances. The LORD knows our needs before we speak of them. 

The Sovereign Lord is their strength.
HE makes us surefooted on the high heights.

I know He will prepare a way in the wilderness. No place is beyond his reach. He does not abandon the ones who call him "The Good Shepherd."

He is our strength. He is our refuge. He is our rescuer. 

Today, I  am grateful to be able to tread on the heights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment