Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Rainbow

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 173- Today, I am grateful for the rainbow.

We need rain desperately.  We received a little this evening. 

My friend, Julie, posted this beautiful picture of a rainbow from back home in Clifton. It actually contains part of a second rainbow, too. I thought it was beautiful.  

I was grateful to see back home they received a little, too. Rain can be spotty. Yes, we all received a little rain. 

God placed the rainbow in the sky to mark a covenant between him and humans. 

"I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth."- Genesis 9:13

A covenant between God and man is a binding promise, and so much more. Most are finalized with some form of bloodshed sealing the deal. Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, and The New Covenant come to mind. 

The rainbow represents God's promise to never destroy the earth again with water, as He did in The Great Flood. It isn't just beautiful, it requires certain things to be present for a rainbow to appear. It doesn't come with every rain. It always comes with reminders that He is a God who keeps  His promises. 

Today, I am grateful for the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment