Monday, June 26, 2023

Intentional Service: Compassion, Hospitality, & Love

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 175- Today, I am grateful for reminders to be intentional in service, compassion, hospitality and love.

"Intentional" has been my "One Little Word" this year. It is wearing well as I continue to pray on it, ponder it, and let it intentionally weave its way into my days. I read a devotional today that I am confident landed in my inbox to make me pause and take in this scripture passage:

“Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink?  Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing?  When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?“ And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’-Matthew 25:37-40

How many times do I miss the opportunities before me to be intentional in expressions of compassion, hospitality, and love? Too many, I am sure. 

A new week is just beginning to unfold. Do I offer thanks or complaints when the Lord reveals an opportunity to serve Him by serving others? Seeking Him with our whole hearts means seeing his children in need and acting with intention. 

Today, I am grateful for reminders to be intentional in service, compassion, and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment