Monday, June 19, 2023

Water To Drink

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 167- Today, I am grateful for water to drink.

Not everyone has the convenience of fresh, clean water that is safe to drink. What I expect to flow freely from a pitcher (filtered) or from the door in the fridge, is a luxury many will never experience. 

Chase and I were talking about a National Park he and Emma visited where the ancient people stored snow water from the winter in pots to get them through the summer months. Massive amounts of water was kept to use for cooking, irrigation, and so much more. 

I am so spoiled and ungrateful at times. It is part of the reason these "Daily Gratitude" posts continue. I don't want to forget how blessed I am. I don't want to become insensitive to those who have so much less. Intentional gratitude for the small things changes my perspective and my attitude at times. 

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:18

Today, I am grateful for water to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment