Saturday, June 3, 2023

He is not Fragile

Daily Gratitude-Year Eleven: Day 153- Today, I am grateful HE is not fragile.

Imagine TobyMac and CS Lewis sitting down together in conversation. Both gifted with the power of words born many generations apart. What if they wrote lyrics together? 

CS Lewis wrote: "If you wake up feeling fragile, remember that God is not, and then trust him to be everything you need today."

This little pick me up is the perfect for this moment. I hope others find it encouraging, too. 

Yes, there is a fragility to this life that is very real. It  is, also, a place where we can truly learn who God is. In these imperfect, overwhelming, and sometimes scary days, we are told to not be discouraged our dismayed. 

" This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9

It is not a suggestion. We are instructed to be intentional with our trust in Him. That is easy when things are going well. But, this life does bring trials and troubles.  Who you gonna trust? "Ghostbusters?" No!!  We  are to call upon the Lord... who is worthy to be praised.  

We used to do an "echo song" with the littles.

 "I will call upon the Lord" (echo) 
"Who is worthy to be praised."  (Echo)
So shall I be saved from my enemies. (Echo)
Chorus together- 
The Lord liveth and blessed be my Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted!
The Lord liveth and blessed be my Rock
And let the God of my salvation be exalted!

We can "get a piece of the rock"... and I don't mean Prudential. 

Today, I am grateful HE is not fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment