Monday, July 3, 2023

Freedom Warriors

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 182- Today, I am grateful for freedom warriors.

I cannot truly imagine 1776. Neil Diamond's song "America" always pulls at my heart strings. From so many different places, races, languages, and ways of worship, an infant country was born. The desire for freedom was held like a sacred tenant as the Declaration of Independence was written. 

Things were already different from the "New World" the Mayflower passengers found when they stepped ashore. I am sure sea travel had improved by 1776.It was still not easy, but easier than the Mayflower and early ships that arrived. 

In this modern era, it is easy to become sentimental about the good old days. In truth, the only thing we can be certain of is change. Technology changes constantly, but do people really change? Over the course of centuries, most cultures abide by a code of conduct, laws, or expectations. Many over the centuries self-destruct. They destroy themselves from within. History tends to  repeat itself, if the people living it out do not learn from the mistakes of their ancestors.

As I look through the pages of history, there is something that happens when any culture, community, or government loses its moral compass. Once True North" is lost, corruption thrives and hard times follow. In the hard times, there are choices to be made. 

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land." -2 Chronicles 7:14

That passage contains a powerful promise.

"Sound of Freedom" is being released this week. It is based on the life of Tim Ballard, a former Homeland Security Agent who decided he could not sit by and do nothing while children around the globe were being abducted into the dark, evil, and cruel world of human trafficking. I've heard him speak on several occasions. His desire is to fight for truth, for freedom, and to help reset the moral compass of this nation. 

Today, I am grateful for freedom warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment