Saturday, July 15, 2023

Sanctuary

 Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 197- Today, I am grateful for sanctuary spaces. 

This passage came up in my Bible Study goup:

"Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?" -1 Corinthians 3:16 (HSCB)

The song, "Sanctuary" has these lyrics:

"Lord prepare me, to be a sanctuary.  Pure and holy, tried and true. With thanksgiving, I'll be a living sanctuary for you. " 

What a beautiful thought. At times we feel like a broken mess, He still chooses to stay. He stays and waits. He lets us cry it out or pray it out, until we find that place of stillness in sweet surrender in the "not my will, but Thy will be done." 

Surrender is not giving up or giving in. Surrender is letting go and finding the freedom this world and its sorrows cannot steal. 

And suddenly, our souls are set free. 

Today, I am grateful for sanctuary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment