Wednesday, July 19, 2023

To Be Held

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 201- Today, I am grateful to be held. 

This old song speaks to my soul. 

This is what it means to be held
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell, we'd be held

The phrase "when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive" is a powerful lyric. Brokenness is a part of this world. We are instructed to be set apart. 

The song "Held" reminds me of this precious promise from the Old Testament. 

"Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

Victory guaranteed. 

Today, I am grateful to be held. 

No comments:

Post a Comment