Sunday, July 23, 2023

Perfect Timing


Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 205- Today, I am grateful for perfect timing. 

In cooking, you can ad lib. You can add brightness, salty, peppers, heat, or creaminess to fit your personal tastes. There can be emotion in cooking... for better and for worse. Sometimes we are heavy handed with one thing or another and have to figure out how to "fix it" before the dish is served. 

Honestly, we can learn a great deal about living when we cook. 

Baking on the other hand, it is more of an exact science. Things have to be measured more precisely. Too little or too much and the baked goods are ruined. The bread won't rise. The biscuits can end up like hockey pucks. 

While we are cooks, God is the baker. He gets it right every time. 

This image is full of statistics on those who waited in the Bible. It was in Sunday's sermon and I had to share it. The patience test is one I frequently fail. I need the reminder to trust our God who has perfect timing. 

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 ESV

God is never early... and He is never late. His timing is always perfect. 

Today, I am grateful for perfect timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment