Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Sweet Cherries

 Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 207- Today, I am grateful for sweet cherries. 

The Love of my Life lived in Traverse City, MI, as a child. Much of his family is still there. July means it is Cherry season and time for the Cherry Festival. We have not been there for the festival in years, but we have fond memories of our visits there. 

There is a story downtown Traverse City that specializes in cherry items. From salsa to wine, if you can make it with cherries, they do. It makes me homesick for our family there. 

I am reminded this passage: 

"So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit." -Matthew 7:17

The scripture is actually an analogy for people. The whole passage is worth reading. "You will know them by their fruits." 

Be the good fruit. Savor the good fruit. 

Today, I am grateful for sweet cherries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment