Thursday, July 27, 2023

Never Fail

 

Daily Gratitude Year Eleven-Day 209- Today, I am grateful for "never fail" options. 

I love a "no fail" recipe. Who doesn't. After a lifetime of cooking, I learned the best way to do corn on the cob. It is no fail. The corn will not over cook and can sit warm in the pot. You want to know, right? If this is how you have always done it, I am sorry I missed corn on the cob night at your house. 

Here it is:


1. Fill the pot with water and bring it to a full boil. 
2. Turn the water off and place the corn in the hot water. 
3. Cover and set the timer for 10 minutes. (If using an electric stove top take it off the burner.)

Why did no one ever tell me this before? It never fails. It is perfect every time. 

My own tip is for reheating and leftovers. Cut squares of wax paper and roll the leftover ears of corn up like homemade caramels or taffy. Store in the fridge. Simply throw the leftover corn straight from the fridge to the microwave. Usually, about one minute is enough. Not quite as good as the first time, but for those of us who love the Midwestern delicacy, it works.

This scripture reminds us of something else that never fails:

For the word of God will never fail.” Luke 1:37 

Never! Some things take more time than others, but His Word is 100% dependable. It warns about twisting the truth, adding to, or taking from His Word. I don't advise it.

"Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.  His love is deep. His grace is wide. His mercy never fails... and neither does His justice." -Proverbs 30:5-6 

I think we could spend a lifetime in Proverbs and still not figure out all of the wisdom collected for us there, but we can keep trying. 

Today, I am grateful for "never fail" options.

No comments:

Post a Comment