Saturday, February 17, 2024

Stillness

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 48: Today, I am grateful  for stillness.

"Stillness is the flower of winter, all hope waits beneath a blanket of white." -unknown

February is half over and I am done with winter. Winter is not yet done with me. A few warm days gave us a break, but winter is back. The snow on the ground still sticks. 

It won't be long before the ground warms and the crocus will appear, but not today. Today, we will take in the stillness of the winter. Hope does wait beneath a blanket of white. 

This is a favorite verse of mine. It reminds me to be still in the present. It offers reassurance of good things to come. There is comfort and a promise.

“Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” -Psalm 46:10

It is one of my very favorite passages. Reassurance for this day. Hope for tomorrow. We can "be still."

Today, I am grateful  for stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment