Monday, February 5, 2024

Mugs With Meaning

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 36: Today, I am grateful for mugs with meaning.

Yes... I am sentimental about mugs/teacups. I love hot beverages, even in the summer. It is how I start my day. My collection of mugs is not as big as the one pictured, but I have quite a few. Some I love because I can fit four fingers in the handle. I have my Grandma Mable's hands. They are not delicate. The size and shape of a mug handle matters to me. 

Some are special because they were gifts from loved ones. I even claim mugs as "mine" at Matt and Jennifer's house.  

I have several from students and their families. One of them has the phrase, "Start everyday with a grateful heart." It is a treasure. 

One has an elephant and it says "one day at a time" from my scrapbooking friend, Kathy Leight-Gregg. It reminds me of stories shared and the time Kathy came to visit. She knows I have a soft spot for elephants. Randy steals it most mornings and it always makes us think of Kathy. 

We had communion on Sunday. This passage speaks of the new covenant between God and his people. Each time it is shared, it is a fresh reminder of His sacrifice.  

"In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this in remembrance of me as often as you drink it.” -1 Corinthians 11:25

That is a cup with meaning! 

Today, I am grateful for mugs with meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment