Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Lids

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 52: Today, I am grateful  for lids. 

Yes, lids! I know it is a first time gratitude. Eleven years and 52 days of gratitude and I have never observed the value of a simple lid. 

On the way in from work and the grocery store, my bag broke. Dinner landed on the garage floor. No worries! The lid saved the day. It didn't come off. Nothing was lost. It was a happy ending. 

I love glass containers with lids that seal well. They are the containers I grab first for leftovers. I need to replace some of my Pyrex lids that are old, cracked, or were microwaved by "nobody."  

Lids can keep bad things out and good things in. They are a simple kitchen tool, but they are priceless when you need one. 

It made me think of this  passage from Psalm 91:4- "He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."

He protects and he shields us. It is a simple, yet powerful image. 

Today, I am grateful  for lids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment