Monday, June 24, 2013

A Farmer's Hat...

A farmer's hat is kind of his trademark.  It tells a great deal about him from the logo he sports on his hat.  What kind of tractor does he drive? Read the hat. What kind of seed does he plant? Check his hat! What pole barn does he build? It might be on the hat!  

Our dear Heather Dubarry over at ScrapHappy.org has been challenging us with some Texas influenced prompts this week.  One prompt was "hats".  Sure, JR Ewing wore a cowboy hat and Dad liked them, too, but the good old "farmer's hat" is what he wore every day of his life and my brother still does.

What "hats" do you wear?  Literally or what roles do you play?  it is a great way to take a random picture and tell a story. My favorite hats have animal print or gems (my Jill gave me a bedazzled hat that is one of my best treasures.  I wear it on my bad hair days to feel glamorous in spite of my hair wars. Hey...I think I have another story to be told.  

I'd love to hear if you have a hat inspired story. Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! My grandpa always wore a ball cap that had his work logo on it, or John Deere. Yep, it said a lot about him.

    ReplyDelete