Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Choose a Ministry

Year Four-Day 265: Today, I will be grateful for opportunities to choose ministry.  



My dear friend, Clara Jo, says, "Be a Barnabas.". In Bible speak, that means be an encourager. She is. Daily and consistently. She, too, has been called to service different than her educational background.  She inspires me daily, we share things we are learning, and I am grateful to call her my friend. 

This "Ministry is..." captured my eye and struck just the right chord this morning. 

It took me to a particular scripture.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. -2 Corinthians 12:9-

His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. What a message. What an encouragement. Perfect strength. Not just "enough" strength. That, is our God. That, is Christ in us. That, is the Holy Spirit when we let him fill us, guide us and propel us. The Holy Spirit is the wind at our back when we have nothing left of our own strength. 

Every life has some story that would break your heart.  Everyone faces suffering and loss. Sometimes, the most powerful evidence of a living God is how his people respond to the struggles. For those who have known profound loss or sadness, there is is peace that comes on the darkest of days that can only be explained by supernatural forces. The wings of angels and the breath of the Holy spirit hold us together. There is nothing like the hug of an unseen angels wing for shelter. Even sweeter, is the human hug of one who encourages us to press on. 

Somehow, when we reach out to help others, we find our own hearts lifted. Never let Satan whisper, "You have nothing to offer.". He is a liar. God never called perfect people to service, for no one is perfect. In fact, some he called came from questionable and messy backgrounds. Love changes everything. God IS love. 

When love calls us to action... do we run like Jonah... in the opposite direction? Or, do we say "yes". 

Today, I will be grateful for opportunities to choose ministry... in all seasons of life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment