Saturday, September 24, 2016

Fine Tuning



Daily Gratitude Year 4-Day 267: Today, I am grateful for moments of "fine tuning".
For me, starting the day focusing on his word and one thing to be grateful for has become a habit. I need it like that first cup of coffee. The quiet moment before the day's chaos begins.
I am reading a book that is teaching me some Hebrew words. Focusing on the little details in the differences between language of scripture and English is fascinating to me. Sometimes it is the key that unlocks a verse that confuses me.
Today, we have easy resources that help us understand. We can fine tune and allow the power of the scriptures to be opened up and revealed.
This week...wilderness was a word that caught my eye. How many times God used the "desert" and "wilderness" places to reveal himself. Why? Because, even in Biblical times...the "busy" of the day could get in the way of hearing God's voice and seeing his direction. We listen better in the wilderness moments. We can fine tune in His presence.
I can relate to that!
Sometimes the wilderness can be emotional, and other times we step physically out of the chaos to pray and seek His face. Either way, He is waiting. Fine tuning changes everything.
"Be still and know I Am God." Psalm 46:10. My original life verse for fine tuning. What is yours?
The youth at church have started a tradition of choosing a life verse for the school year. Some keep them in their locker or as a screen saver... Or in their phones. They initiated the second year. Fine tuning made a difference.
"Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it." Habakkuk 2:2
Run to the wilderness. Run to the Word. Run!
Okay... Settle in with a hot cup of java and your favorite study tools.
Today, I am grateful for moments of "fine tuning".

No comments:

Post a Comment