Tuesday, June 13, 2017

God is in the Details



Year 5 - Day 163: Today, I am grateful God is in the details.

Keeping a universe in balance is kind of a big deal, but since I cannot really grasp it, I just trust God's hand and his heart. I love that we have a God of order who created magnetic properties, gravity, chemical equations that those with minds more scientific than mine love to ponder, explore and discover. 

I like science because for me... it points directly to God. Nothing so perfectly in place is by accident. It is orchestrated by a mighty hand. I enjoy shows on archaeological finds and the wonders of space. I am not a scientist, because the math is not my forte. 

For me... I am happy in my math pursuits when four socks go into the dryer and four socks come out. Come to think of it, that might be a small miracle, as I am nearly convinced there is another "sock dimension" entered by one sock at a time through the dryer and unseen by human eyes. Yes, four socks in and four socks out... that is very good math... and a happy surprise each time. 

Over the weekend... we had many planned events and encounters. I had seen on facebook that a forever friend, Tim Perkins, from high school was going to be in town briefly. He even spoke on Facebook to where he and his lovely wife would be found at certain times. (People do not return to our hometown and not get Monical's pizza for at least one meal.) Our weekend was already full. There was not a chance I would see him... or was there?

Sometimes, God answers prayers we barely whisper just to show us how much we are loved. 

We lunched with our son, Walker... and I spilled French Onion soup on my white shirt. Inconvenient? Yes, but we had Kohl's cash that needed to be used that weekend before it expired. Off to Kohl's we go. It briefly delayed our arrival to Mom's... a frustrating delay... but unavoidable. 

The Kohl's stop was quick, I changed... and we were on our way to Mom's. 

When we were walking into Mom's healthcare residence... four people were walking out. One... I knew from a distance was my old friend, Tim. (Sorry Kyle Miner, I was slow on the uptake with you... I was just so stunned to see Tim and Julie from Tennessee.) No way! What were the odds? (He and Kyle and their wives were visiting another classmate who was in rehab there after a stroke.)

In these moments, I know that God's hand is in the tiniest details of our daily lives... like the French onion soup spill.   

Again, I am reminded that the little "delays" are sometimes for our good, protection or have a blessing behind the inconvenience. Our God is an awesome God, and he reigns with power and might... but he loves to surprise his children, too. 

Earworm is singing, "Good, Good Father" by Chris Tomlin. 


I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like
But I've heard the tender whispers of love in the dead of night
And you tell me that you're pleased
And that I'm never alone
You're a good good father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am
I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
'Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word
(chorus)
Because you are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways to us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqybaIesbuA  

Father's Day is approaching. My boys have been so blessed with a Dad who adores them more than he annoys them. He tries to lead by example and always in love.  I will think of my Dad... with tender, sweet memories and laughter, too. 
I am grateful for Father's who look to the Heavenly Father to model and mold themselves after his likeness to help grow the next generation. 

I am overwhelmed that a God who has so many children gave Tim and I a "God wink" with a chance encounter that had nothing to do with chance. 

Today, I am grateful God is in the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment