Monday, February 26, 2018

Hand Holding

Year 6-Day 57: Today, I am grateful for hand holding.

There is something romantic and sweet about holding hands. It is a simple intimacy. It brings about a sense of oneness and is a wonderfully encouraging. 


Holding hands says:
I want to be near you.
I want to keep you close.
We will walk as one.

I am with you... side by side.

To have a loved one hold our hand is a sweet spot in any day.  The calm reassurance that we are not alone. 

I found this Max Lucado quote:
"Your goal is not to know every detail of the future. Your goal is to HOLD THE HAND of the the One who does and never, ever let go." 

Anxiety is crippling so many these days. I have my moments, too. Still, we can "be still and know" that the great "I AM" is still on the throne and his hand still hovers over this pretty blue planet we call our temporary home. He is control and we can put our trust in Him, and take a deep breath.


Keeping priorities straight helps us to relax. First things first is a good approach for most things. Knowing what matters most helps us define our how we will spend our resources, including our most valuable one... our time. 

This passage addresses our priorities and reminds us of God's promise to never abandon us. 


"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” -Hebrews 13:5 

Such a simple verse, but it hits on three important truths. We can use money but not love it. We can choose to be content with what we have. Our Lord has promised that He never abandons his children. We have a God who wants us to reach out and take his hand with hearts that trust him. 

Will we have the courage?

The simple affection act of holding hands pours love into our days... but it is so much more.  


Today, I am grateful for hand holding.




No comments:

Post a Comment