Saturday, March 23, 2024

As The Deer Pants

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 83: Today, I am grateful for a lesson from the deer.

This scripture has been set to music and the tune runs through my head. Truth be told, it was originally given to the choir director, so it was likely intended to be sung from its origin. The phrasing is certainly melodic and worshipful.

If you read the entire Psalm, you will find very human struggles. Not so different from some of the songs written today. Life has sad and hard times. When we find ourselves sitting in the mess of it all, does our soul crave time with Him?

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God." -Psalm 42:1

Such a beautiful image. Let our souls crave Him like the thirsty deer craves water. Water is life. He is our Living Water.

Today, I am grateful for a lesson from the deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment