Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Searches

 

Daily Gratitude Year 12 - Day 66: Today, I am grateful for searches.  

Anytime we travel, I am the one who gets pulled and searched by the TSA. I must have a dangerous look. 

I do my best to not get grumpy. They are doing their job. They are trying to keep us safe. I've been patted, scanned, and rescanned. Many years ago, I never stopped setting off the metal detector. They final gave up and let me through. There is only so much  you can take off in public.

Another time I was traveling from a conference at St. Jude in Memphis. The presenter was a precious nun who worked with Elizabeth Kubler Ross who wrote the book, "On Death and Dying." The book was a best seller and the first to really talk about the grief process. The sweet sister and I shared a cab and made our way to security. I warned her of my gift for getting pulled for extra scanning. She laughed and said, "I get it all the time, too." She was wearing a traditional habit. 

On the surface, she and I did not look that suspicious, right? But a scanner sees what is hidden. It made me think of this verse. 

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. -Psalm 139:23-24

I need the accountability of knowing that he know my heart. 

  Today, I am grateful for searches.  



No comments:

Post a Comment