Thursday, August 4, 2016

Part of the Dance

Daily Gratitude Year 4- Day 215: Today, I am grateful that a wrong step can become part of the dance. 

We all fail, fall and miss a few steps along this journey.  It happens. In seasons of sleeplessness, change and other challenges... the dance does not happen as planned. 

If you ask famous scientists, they will tell you that their failures taught them more than their successes. The misstep can become the new step.


"If you stumble, make it part of the dance.".  

I still love to dance. I adore a skirt that sparkles and swirls with a twirl. I like when the music is nearly in sync with each breath. Dancing makes us feel alive. Stumbling makes us feel ridiculous. Still, the freedom in the dance is worth a moment of falling or failing to achieve perfect grace when we do get it right.  

We think of grace as the easy flowing movements of the professional dancer or runway model in 3 inch heels. That is one part of the definition.  To be described as "graceful" means we make the movement look easy. Any dancer will tell you that only with practice do they achieve a dance that looks flawless. They know every step where they felt their strength or footing on the verge of failing. Still, they keep going. They keep trusting that their preparation and practice will pay off. 

But, our strength and feet will fail. We are human. This scripture has long been a favorite of mine. It is the reminder that God's grace shines into and in spite of our weaknesses. His grace is sufficient.  He strengthens us to finish the dance when we lose our footing. 

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." -2 Corinthians 12:9

There is nothing like learning to trust in his Grace. Human nature fights back for control and power. The Holy Spirit says, "Let go and let me help." Even a wrong step can be recovered when covered by His grace.

Today, I am grateful that a wrong step can become part of the dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment