Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Finish the Job

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 228: Today, I am grateful for people who finish the job. 

It is fun to start something new. I love creating and creative things. Still, there is a great value in taking a project from start to finish. There is nothing more satisfying the doing a job well and to completion. 

There is a deep satisfaction in simply knowing a job is completed to the best of our ability... even if we are learning and it's not perfect. (Okay... I can't deny it is even better if someone else notices and comments with encouragement.) 

Great quote: "I want to hire employees who don't finish their work", said no boss, ever." 

That is so true. I can't imagine walking out on a job in temper or anger. Learning to finish a job requires a certain amount of self-control, planning and at times, humility. 

The same sweet cousins and neighborhood darling who earned some impressive ribbons and accolades at the county and state fairs this past week, had the guts before the glory. You see the ribbons and the smiles... but they scooped some poop along the way. 

Cows are big. Sheep and goats... there is a reason God didn't make them as big as cows. Imagine that farm people! Goats and sheep would be impossible if they were any bigger. They can be impossible at the size we know them, which makes a ribbon of success even sweeter. 

Scripture came easy today... but He added another. It delights my soul that I have a God who is willing to play "my verse is better than yours" with me. : 

His choice: And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God. -2 Corinthians 7:1b  Oh, He always wins. It is the work that counts and the direction we are headed. We are called to be perfect. We are called to set our eyes on him and our goal to be more like him. 

My mind went another direction, but the two work together. Because, I cannot be perfect due to human limitations, he came to be with us and settle the sin debt. My payment for my sins cancelled out by His ability to withstand all temptation and finish the job. 

My choice: When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished!” Then he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. - John 19:30

He finished the job. He willingly said "yes" to death to set us free. Crazy love. 

Today, I am grateful for people who finish the job. I owe my life... my eternal life... to the one who did the job I could not do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment