Monday, August 14, 2017

Trust Lessons From The Barn

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 226: Today, I am grateful for lessons  lessons learned in the barn.

This is my cousin Doug's youngest, Bella. She is ten. Her pillow is Charlie. It had been a big day for both at the fair. Her Mama, Lisa, took the picture. 

I am reminded of the trust and affection between humans and beasts found in the barn. 

Oh Earworm, "Bless the Beasts and the Children" - where did you dig that old tune out of my memory? But that is what he woke up singing. Perfect for this image. 

This picture is a snapshot captures all that you can't buy with money or power. This kind of relationship takes time, effort and commitment. Charlie has to trust her and she has to lead Charlie, never forgetting that he is huge and could accidently hurt her if she were careless. But, she isn't. She is confident in her lead and Charlie does what is expected of him. Things he learned with practice and more practice through relationship. Cattle can be stubborn and easily spooked, so she has to teach him to trust and pay attention to her lead. Aren't they a beautiful pair?

There are times I act beastly and get easily spooked, instead of trusting and taking cues from my God. He reigns sovereign in the universe, yet eagerly waits for each one of us to choose a relationship with him. I don't always understand His ways or his plan, but I know I need to tune into his word and trust his lead. He can be trusted - even when a situation is new, startling or scary. 

Occasionally a cow makes a poor choice... and the cowgirl or cowboy... rescues him from his spot of trouble. Other times, they word together in harmony and Bella received the ribbons at fair to prove it.  

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13:5


His love never fails. His arm is not too short. He loves, leads and rescues. 

Today, I am grateful for trust lessons learned in the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment