Saturday, August 12, 2017

Things Unseen

Daily Gratitude Year 5-Day 224: Today, I am grateful for things unseen. 

Today is just about the opposite of yesterday. We can, also, be grateful for things unseen. 

26 Years ago today my first baby boy was born. Just in time for his first Morton Pumpkin Festival where he would sit under a tree in my arms to watch the parade with his future wife being held in her mother's arms. Who knew?

We don't arrange marriages (but I do keep a short list in my head of approved choices that I pray over). We probably couldn't have pushed these two together if we had tried. They did not date until after college. Love had to be their choice... and a beautiful choice they have made. 

Sometimes, we can clearly see the goodness of God.
Sometimes, we must wait for things unseen to unfold. 


I am curious by nature... but I can be perfectly content by allowing a little magic. Lightening bugs, the bumblebee's flight, unique birdsongs and the strange way time seems to fly all hold mysteries. I don't need to understand them. I simply enjoy their wonder. 

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.-Hebrews 11:1

Sometimes, things are even better than we hoped for... especially when we learn to trust God's hand and his heart. First, we must seek his face.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. -Matthew 6:6

How beautiful is the promise of a sincere prayer that seeks God's face to be seen and his presence to be evident. It is as beautiful as the "first look" moment between a bride and groom on their wedding day. Suddenly, all that was worth waiting for is seen in the light of His beauty and grace. 

Then, there are times his hand is unseen... until he chooses "the reveal". 

Today, I am grateful for things unseen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment